http://www.londonchentaiji.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Fist-189.jpg 197 197 chentaijiquan http://www.londonchentaiji.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/ChenLogo-01-1.png chentaijiquan2022-03-31 11:42:562022-03-31 11:42:57Grandmaster Tse’s Tàijí Fist 189
Qī Jì Guāng 戚繼光– Part 10
Qī Jì Guāng’s 戚繼光 book Sānshí Er Shì 三十二势 – 32 Movements of Classical Fighting, contains 32 movements that we can also find in Tàijíquán 太極拳. Chén Wáng Tíng 陳王廷 respected Qī Jì Guāng a great deal and he used his movements and knowledge in the creation of his own skill.
- Lǎn Zhā Yī 懒扎衣 – Lazily Tie the Cloth (same as in Taijiquan)
- Jīn Jī Dúllì 金鸡独立 – Golden Rooster Stands on One Leg (Same as in Taijiquan)
- Tàn Mǎ 探马 Pat on Horse (same as 高探马High Pat on Horse)
- Ǎo Dān Biān 拗单鞭 – Twist Single Whip (same as 单鞭 Sing Whip and 搂膝 Twist the Knees)
- Qī Xīng Quán 七星拳 – Seven Star Fist (same as 上步七星 Step Forward with Seven Stars)
- Dào Qí Lóng 倒骑龙 Riding the Dragon Backwards (same as 倒卷肱 Step Back with Whirling Arms)
- Xuán Jiǎo Xū Ěr 悬脚虚饵 – Double Kicks (same as 踢二起 Double Jump Kick)
- Qiū Liú Shì 丘留势 – Left and Right Palm Strike (same as 上三步 Three Steps Forwards)
- Xià Chā Shì 下插势 – Stamp down with a Fast Kick (not in Tàijíquán)
- Mái Fú Shì 埋伏势 – Hiding to Soothe the Tiger (not in Tàijíquán)
- Pāo Jià Zi 抛架子 – Step Forward to Strike (not in Taijiquan)
- Diān Zhǒu Shì 掂肘势 – Under the Elbow Punch (same as 肘底捶 Punch Under Elbow)
- Yī Shà Bù 一霎步 – Stepping and Alert (same as 運手Cloud Hands)
- Qín Ná Shì 擒拿势 – Qín Ná (same as 小擒打 Small Catch and then Hit)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!